About Me

My photo
I have a unique family. I have been married now for 14 years, and we have produced two sons. My husband was diagnosed in 2002 with Sarcoidosis and Insulin Dependent Diabetes. Since then he has been a stay at home dad, while I go and bring home the bacon each day. Our oldest son Patrick has already earned numerous abbreviations behind his name. They include PDD-NOS, Mood Disorder – NOS, ADHD, and ODD. Our youngest son earned his first set of abbreviations last year, PDD-NOS. I like to consider myself MOM-NOS. Because I feel like I am still learning how to be a mom of “special” boys, still trying to figure out how to juggle a family and work, still trying to cope with my own mental issues of anxiety and mood swings. So here is my journey…

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Respite


I came home last night just when the meeting with CMH was finishing up at my house. They deceided to give us an infinte number of respite hours, take all you need, just don't admit your child in the hospital or sue us. I guess I should be happy, but respite hours actually make me sad. Its telling someone - here watch my child because I can't handle it. I'm glad he's getting picked up at school everyday, he will no longer have to endure getting picked on, on the bus ride home, I just wish I was the one doing it. I'm incredibly stressed today! No money, no end to any of this stress in the future - I need respite from myself, not from my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment