About Me

My photo
I have a unique family. I have been married now for 14 years, and we have produced two sons. My husband was diagnosed in 2002 with Sarcoidosis and Insulin Dependent Diabetes. Since then he has been a stay at home dad, while I go and bring home the bacon each day. Our oldest son Patrick has already earned numerous abbreviations behind his name. They include PDD-NOS, Mood Disorder – NOS, ADHD, and ODD. Our youngest son earned his first set of abbreviations last year, PDD-NOS. I like to consider myself MOM-NOS. Because I feel like I am still learning how to be a mom of “special” boys, still trying to figure out how to juggle a family and work, still trying to cope with my own mental issues of anxiety and mood swings. So here is my journey…

Monday, September 27, 2010

They kicked us when we were down



So CMH is thinking Doug is hearing conversations in his head, apparently the Doctor claimed that he never told Doug to take Patrick to the ER, that a med increase is all he needed. Also they state that I need parenting classes because I’m not capable of raising an autistic child – nice huh? Nothing like kicking the dog when the dog is down.
Well not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing, well it’s a bad thing. But it help proves that Doug and I are not going insane. Patrick is now exhibiting the behaviors he has at home at school. In the emergency IEP meeting today it was discussed that Patrick refuses to do anything, not just school work. EVERYTHING. Patrick its time to go to your next class, NO. Everything is NO. He screams, cries, whines, refusing to do anything, throwing his stuff around, crumpling his papers, yelling at the other kids to leave him alone. I asked about getting Patrick a para-professional and at this time it looks like a NO because aides are only used in this school district for academics not behavior. We came up with a behavioral plan that allows for sensory breaks in the sensory room, the teachers will now only tell him to do something once, if he does it gets a reward, and 5th hour for ½ the hour he can go to Mrs. L’s class. They all believe he is extremely mad because he doesn’t get to see Mrs. L as much this year, so there hoping this is a short term fix until we can get him settled down this year.
Had my girlie appointment today, have to schedule a mammogram and an ultrasound – they think they felt a cyst. So I’m a little worried still. Can’t wait to all these test are done and everything comes out normal.
This weekend went a little normal, nothing remarkable to note. The boys actually got along fairly well. There was one point in the car – Patrick asked in a nice calm manner – “Trever why are you starring at me?” – Trever “because I love you pat”. AWWWWW. That was so nice to hear. The best little conversation I’ve ever heard in my life. Life is not the number of breaths we take, but the number of moments that takes our breath away. That was one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment