About Me

My photo
I have a unique family. I have been married now for 14 years, and we have produced two sons. My husband was diagnosed in 2002 with Sarcoidosis and Insulin Dependent Diabetes. Since then he has been a stay at home dad, while I go and bring home the bacon each day. Our oldest son Patrick has already earned numerous abbreviations behind his name. They include PDD-NOS, Mood Disorder – NOS, ADHD, and ODD. Our youngest son earned his first set of abbreviations last year, PDD-NOS. I like to consider myself MOM-NOS. Because I feel like I am still learning how to be a mom of “special” boys, still trying to figure out how to juggle a family and work, still trying to cope with my own mental issues of anxiety and mood swings. So here is my journey…

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Saturday Rage




I'm going to start this blog by going back 3 days. Don't get me wrong this journey really started in 1999 when my first little blue bundle of joy came home. But since I need to find a release for my own emotions I will start on Saturday and I may or may not work my way backwards 11 years.

Saturday: Doug took his usual day off from being a stay at home dad and went to shoot his gun with his Dad for the day. I didn't anticipate a bad day, because for the last few months things have been more predictable, a little bit more controllable. But this Saturday proved to be different. Patrick pretty much woke up in a bad and difficult mood. Patrick feels that he has to control his brother at all times. Well all day I listened to the two of them back and forth arguing and yelling and picking. I was standing in the kitchen when I witnessed my 11 year old slap his 4 year old brother quite forcefully across the face. That sparked my rage and I slapped my 11 year old across his face, which sparked the Tasmania devil out of my son. He started hitting me calling me a F'ing B-tch. I held him down, which is getting harder and harder as he is getting bigger and bigger. When he somewhat calmed down he packed a container full of toys and ran away. He was gone about 30 seconds to a minute and came in and asked me to call the police because he wants to live somewhere else. Eventually things calmed back down with him and he apologized. I wish I could describe better how scary his rage really is. The change in the look in his eyes, the inability to calm him down. Its just not describable.

No comments:

Post a Comment