About Me

My photo
I have a unique family. I have been married now for 14 years, and we have produced two sons. My husband was diagnosed in 2002 with Sarcoidosis and Insulin Dependent Diabetes. Since then he has been a stay at home dad, while I go and bring home the bacon each day. Our oldest son Patrick has already earned numerous abbreviations behind his name. They include PDD-NOS, Mood Disorder – NOS, ADHD, and ODD. Our youngest son earned his first set of abbreviations last year, PDD-NOS. I like to consider myself MOM-NOS. Because I feel like I am still learning how to be a mom of “special” boys, still trying to figure out how to juggle a family and work, still trying to cope with my own mental issues of anxiety and mood swings. So here is my journey…

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sunday Blues


Every Sunday I have this disorder – which I don’t know if it is unique to me or if other people suffer from it in the world, I like to call it my Sunday Blues Disorder – NOS. This Sunday it was more intense. I was upset with myself from slapping my son in the face, there is more grown up ways to handle things for sure. Patrick was very angry and irritate still. He had it in his head that he HAD to go to the store any store and buy a toy – any toy, and he had to do it NOW. He was not accepting no for an answer, and I was not going to change my answer. My Aunt Betsy came over to hem some pants and she couldn’t even believe how irritable Patrick was being. Let just say when 8 pm bedtime arrived I couldn’t have found anything to be more joyous about.

No comments:

Post a Comment